Wednesday, August 15, 2012

PRIDE vs.HUMILITY - Day 3

(I know, I know! In "time" it's day four and I am a day late!!! Sorry.  Life just was such that I was unable to post.  It is a further reminder to me that "tomorrow is not promised" and I am not in control of anything. What God wants my day to be is not always what I envision the evening before...)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In considering humility today, I considered obedience: a proud soul doesn't obey.

Here is a directive from Jesus to St. Faustina:

"My daughter, let three virtues adorn you in a particular way: humility, purity of intention and love. Do nothing beyond what I demand of you, and accept everything that My hand gives you. Strive for a life of recollection so that you can hear My voice, which is so soft that only recollected souls can hear it..." (#1779)

The Degrees of Obedience  -- According to St. Faustina

Prompt and and complete fulfillment -- the obedience of the will, when the will persuades the intellect to submit to the advice of a superior. To facilitate obedience, Saint Ignatius suggests, moreover, three means: always to see God in our superior, whoever he might be; to justify in itself the order or advice of the superior; to accept each order as an order from God, without examining it or reflecting upon it. General means: humility. Nothing is difficult for the humble.  (#93-94)

"[W]ithout examining it or reflecting upon it." Wow, that level of willing submission is very jarring. I believe that this can only be accomplished with grace. Jesus, have mercy on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment