Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fr. Ed Kleinguetl

Deacon Ed at the Beijing South Cathedral for the English Mass
I recently meet Fr. Deacon Ed Kleinguetl (of St. John Chrysostom Byzantine Catholic Church) through an online prayer group. 

He is the first Byzantine deacon that I have been in communication with. Below are some of the homilies he has shared with me. I hope they inspire you too.  It is my hope that the Holy Spirit will move through his words to your heart and help you on your journey to being completely one with Jesus.

Since I can't directly link his documents to this blog (or at least don't know how at this moment),  I will include his homilies in individual posts and include the links below for convenience. (For my convenience, I will label the post the date as the day of the sermon.)

Deacon Ed's notes on the homilies: "As for the homilies, thank you for your kind words.  First, all are a gift of the Holy Spirit, the fruits of my own prayer (I am but a collaborator, as St. Basil the Great would say.)  Second, it is tailored to my congregations.  Third, these are only guides.  While I write each homily out in full, I never use notes when I deliver it.  I have to trust God -- it's His message and His Word.  If you want to post them, please feel free.    


2012
 Feb 5- Sunday of the Prodigal Son: Now We Must Celebrate; He Was Lost But Now Has Been Found
 Feb 19- Cheesefare Sunday: Preparing for the Great Fast with Humility 
Mar 11- Veneration of the Cross: Authentic Discipleship
Apr 15 - Easter Sunday: Do Not Be Unbelieving, But Believe  

2013
Mar 3 - Third Week in Lent

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Anonymous. I am not sure what you are referring to. Please clarify. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete