Sunday, July 8, 2012

Second Letter to My Dearest Friend

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for this day.

Thank you for creating me: You called me into existence and are the reason for my very breath. I am nothing without You. I know that fully.

Please forgive me for all the times that I thought I knew better than You and acted against Your will for me. Forgive me for all the times I treated others wrongfully, because I thought my existence, my needs were more important than Your call for me to serve instead of being served. 

Jesus, You created me for a reason, a reason that I am not aware of. You thought it good to create me and to sustain me despite all my sins. Please let me know how to serve You.

Help me to know how to respond to Your call. I no longer recognize Your voice because it is a whisper and I have deafened my own ears with my own deadly noise. Please restore my hearing.

Please help me to see You. I deadened my sight, by refusing to look at You and instead gazed upon that which was bad for me. Please heal my eyes; please allow me to see Your face.

Please heal my hands. Prepare them to serve you. I injured them when I did evil works instead of the good that You created me for. I want everything I touch to glorify You.

Please heal my voice. I want to only speak in kindness and in truth. Do not let vileness come from my mouth.

Please heal my mind. Cleanse my from all evil thoughts, imaginations and desires.

Please heal my will. I want to say "yes" to You always.

Jesus, please bless all those who are aware of my existence. Please bless all those whose lives my life has affected, if even only for a moment. If someone noticed me in a parking lot, on a street, or even one who stumbles on my blog, or noticed me in any other way, I ask You to bless them more than You bless me.  Jesus, please especially forgive and pour out You grace and mercy on all those who I have slighted, offended or in anyway hurt. Please bless those whom I love.  Jesus, please consider all these people that have been in my life, or even momentarily aware of my existence. Please heal all these souls from their wounds, and free them from whatever blocks them from committing their life to You.

Jesus, my life is Yours to do with what You will.  Help me to not waste a single moment. Let all my moments be with You and for You. I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment