Saturday, October 6, 2012

Why Not? - Shania Twain

Shania Twain, an international county star, freely admits her brokenness. I can't help but admire her for that. Her brokenness comes from: poverty, domestic violence, death of her parents and brother, workaholism, betrayal, divorce and insecurities. While Shania never mentions God in her healing process, her story is still one of hope. Anyone who has had the rug pulled out from under them will be able to relate to her story.

Her story is about learning how to deal with the struggles in life and overcoming fear.

I love her themes, "Why Not" and "From This Moment".  I think she is a great secular example of what kind of attitude is needed to best use the moments allotted to us.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I admire St. Faustina's understanding of "the moment".   St. Faustina tried to use every moment to better her relationship with God. I think that this is the highest use of each moment.

Even if you disagree, for good or for bad, each "moment" is an individual choice. What are you choosing? What will you choose? Remember, even not choosing, is a choice.

(Note there are somethings in these videos that I do not support such as immodesty (Shania's career years), the dissolubility of marriage, and some of the spiritual practices they participate in.)
















No comments:

Post a Comment