Friday, May 20, 2011

A Letter to My Dearest Friend

Dear Jesus,
I have known You my whole life.
I have loved You as long as I can remember. 
However, I have loved You with a selfish love. 
I talk to You when I am sad and lonely. 
I beg for Your graces when I am sick and suffering. 
I seek You out when I have a particular need.
Please help me to stop asking for selfish requests.
Help me to love You simply.
Teach me to love You because You are Good.
Grant me the grace to embrace suffering because it pleases You.
Enlighten my mind so that I may know You.
Satisfy my soul so that I never seek anything other than You.
Please unite my will to Yours.
Guide my actions so that they may be a witness to Your Mercy.
Instruct me in true humility.
Lastly, please teach me to love as You love.
Thank you for all Your blessings. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment