Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Novena To Saint Jude

  

Novena to Saint Jude
  
Should be said six times each day for nine consecutive days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, loved in all tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.
May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen.
St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.
Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Blessed be Saint Jude Thaddeus for all the world and for all eternity.

Our Father, etc...

Hail Mary, etc...

O glorious Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus, true relative of Jesus and Mary. I salute you through the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Through this Heart I praise and thank God for all the graces He has bestowed on you. Humbly prostrate before you, I implore you through the Heart to look down upon me with compassion. Oh, despise not  my poor prayer, let not my trust be confounded. To you God has granted the privilege of aiding mankind in the most desperate cases. O, come to my aid, that I may praise the mercies of God! All my life I will be grateful to you and will be you faithful servant until I can thank you in heaven. Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer will be answered on or before 9th Day. Has never been known to fail.  In this novena I asked for something very specific and concrete. It was a very reasonable request. I didn't ask for the impossible, but I knew in my heart that it was improbable. On the sixth day, I knew what the answer was. 

It was no. Does this mean the prayer failed? 

At first, I was tempted to think it had.  However, God always answers our prayers. It is obvious when He says yes; but, when He says no, we are tempted to think He didn't answer us, hear us, love us, etc... Rather, when He says no, He means one of two things: 1) Not yet, my child; or 2) I have something better planned for you.

Discovering that the answer was "no", I was very disappointed and cried on the sixth and seventh day. I even considered not finishing the novena-- if it is so clear that it is a no, why bother finishing? I finished anyways. On the eight and ninth day, I felt an inner peace about the "no"

Today, is the first day after the completion of the novena. I found that God's answer was indeed, "I have something better for you." In fact, a new journey has begun today. I am excited. Our God, who is so Good, presented this to me through a series of events and interactions with strangers.

Thank you Saint Jude for listening to and interceding for my plea. 



1 comment:

  1. Please do not use the quote 'never been known to fail'. There are many people who have serious and sometimes life threatening illnesses that believe that faithful and fervent prayer of this Novena will be the answer the doctors could not find. It is unimaginable their disappointment when their last hopes are dashed when their Novena that 'has never been known to fail' fails them in their greatest hour of need. They are devastated physically, emotionally, mentally, and most important spiritually when their last hopes are dashed when their heartfelt Novenas fail to answer their needs. There are no words to express their hopelessness and despair. Encourage them to pray for divine intervention but remember that there are cemeteries filled with souls that had many people praying for them before their demise. Prayer is for comfort of those who are seriously ill or injured. That comfort may help them recover. To tell people that any prayer has 'never been known to fail' is lie and sinful. If you do not edit your page you are guilty of the sin of 'bearing false witness'.

    ReplyDelete