Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Resolution

I have many new things to look forward to and many new challenges to face. I can't change the past, but I do have control over the present and future.

One of the biggest changes that I am going to make is to stop being lukewarm in my faith.

Christ said to St. Faustina:  These souls wound My Heart most painfully. My soul suffered the most dreadful loathing in the Garden of Olives because of lukewarm souls. There was a reason I cried out: "Father take this cup away from Me, if it be Your will." For them, the last hope of salvation is to flee to My mercy. - Notebook III # 1228

Receiving Christ in the Holy Eucharist and partaking often in the Sacrament of Reconciliation is the best way to become closer to Him. Since I am fortunate enough to live in a time and a place where I can receive Him daily, I am going to put forth the effort to do so. There is no excuse for me not to and all the reasons why I should.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you can't physically make it to Mass on the weekdays, you still can enrich your faith by reading/listening/watching the daily Mass readings and homilies.
See: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/inspiration.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment